Impact is a powerful and flexible material-based interaction system for producing interactions such as audio, particle, and decal interactions in the Unity game engine.
Impact can be used for a wide variety of applications from physics interactions to footsteps to weapon impacts.
Modular physics trigger components allow you to pick and choose exactly how you want to trigger your physics interactions.
• Triggers for single collisions.
• Triggers for sliding and rolling.
• Triggers for particle collisions.
• API for triggering interactions from Raycasts.
• Components for both 3D and 2D physics.
• Use material compositions to blend materials together (great for terrains).
Easily set up any kind of object to be ready for Impact.
• Static objects like level geometry.
• Rigidbodies (Both 3D and 2D).
• Complex Rigidbodies that have children with different materials.
• Rigidbodies connected by joints.
Impact's flexible materials system allows you to set up interactions exactly how you want.
• Create as many materials as you need.
• Create Interaction Sets to group related interactions together.
• Include and Exclude tags allow you to specify exactly when interactions will be played.
Use the Impact Manager to configure the Impact system.
Map from Physics Materials to Impact Materials, so you don't need to add Impact components to every object.
Audio, Particle, and Decal Interactions
Impact comes with 3 different types of interactions: Audio Interactions for playing sounds, Particle Interactions for showing particle systems, and Decal Interactions for placing decals in the world.
Integrate & Extend
Easily integrate with existing code and create your own Triggers, Objects, and Interactions to suit your game's needs.
Also features FMOD and Wwise integration packages!
Discuss and get help from our community Discord or e-mail us directly.